Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Final Reflection

Final Reflection

This class was very enjoyable. I was excited when I first saw the course title because I was an avid reader as a child. Through taking this class, I was able to read books from my past as well as new books I grew to love. The assigned novels were something I was slightly skeptical about in the beginning, but I was pleasantly surprised overall. I really enjoyed reading The Giverand The Misfits. I feel both books would be great to have in the classroom. I would feel more comfortable teaching The Giver, however. I feel as though I have a better idea on how to select books, encourage student's interest in reading, and how to have a little fun with the reading curriculum. I really enjoyed becoming more familiar with various genres, and I think this was helpful. If I could change one thing about this class, I would suggest creating a list of "great books" that could be given to students for various age levels/interests. I feel as though I could do this for my future students, but it would be nice to have other classmate's opinions. Overall, I am very pleased with how this class went. It was nice to have the opportunity to be exposed to children's literature in variety of genres, different teaching methods, and activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment